Our e-community promotes self-help, business partnerships and entrepreneurship development for those who want to balance work and home life. Our social profit is derived from a pro-poor project focusing on eco-baskets production and service provision to empower women to embark on social-economic self-reliance. If you are interested to know more, please contact us at 603 7726 5271 or email us at adminsupport@ehomemakers.net.
We had tried introducing Patrick to grass. His initial response was - a wide-eyed NOOOO with a facial expression that appeared to say What was that?! Nowadays, his visits to the neighbourhood park have been with joy and happiness. His attitude to grass sometimes with acceptance. Sometimes with rejection. We would introduce him to trees, flowers, dogs, cats among others. He could not pronounce dogs and cats. He would mimic their woof woof and "mei mei". He could not pronounce meow. Whenever Patrick notice the dogs and cats, his face would light up with fascination while trying to communicate with them in their language. There were times I noticed the dogs and cats looked baffled at what Patrick trying to converse with them. I wanted to introduce to Patrick butterflies. It is among my favourite encounters with nature. I loved its different colours especially their interaction with me if I am lucky enough to experience it.
My initial encounters with butterflies.
I always have a special connection with it ever since I meditated almost ten years ago. Since I started using meditation as a technique to relaxation and to de-stress, my heart for nature suddenly opened up and blossomed. I used to find them boring. Today, I would love observing nature and sometimes I would be lucky enough to capture them in motion.
Photo of snail mama and its child. Photo taken by my mobile.
Photo of snail appearing to take a kiss of a flower. Lucky shot by my mobile
Photo of a red dragonfly. Taken by my mobile.
I hope Patrick would have a magical experience with butterflies and more of nature's animal kingdom as well. Recently I introduced a butterfly to Patrick. It was Patrick who alerted me to its presence by saying, "dirty". Luckily I took a closer look before Patrick decided to pick it up with his fingers. I mistakenly assumed it was a moth by wrongly identified its thorax shape. I only realised my mistake after I Googled it in order to find out its actual name.
Video of myself relocating a palm dart butterfly onto a leaf.
During updating Patrick's status to a friend of mine today, Patrick called out from the bed. I looked up to his dancing eyes and smiling face. This would usually put me in smiles. Instead, I watched his face more closely than usual. Much earlier this morning, closer to 2am, his vomit was mixed with blood. He was down with flu and cough since late last week. Earlier this week since Monday, the past couple of nights had been trying to us both. He woke up a few times coughing that caused him to vomit out his milk. For my readers who have not been aware, every night his nasogastric tube attached to a machine that pumped in milk throughout the night. I do this upon the doctor's advice to assist him to gain weight. HIs running nose irritated Patrick when its mucus dripped onto his upper lip. His body temperature did not appear to reach 37.5C and beyond. He has been active, as per his normal self except during the night he appeared to be more fussy than ...
The birth of Patrick changed my marriage life from the two of us to the three of us, a family. We were excited, happy, worried followed by all kind of emotions for our baby son. So many things to learn, to experience. Breastfeeding, constant thoughts on our baby's well being especially when his jaundice appeared to rise during his first month. The lacking of sleep. There were moments I observed his breathing while he slept. We were amazed by every new mannerisms that Patrick displayed. We were so charmed when he first smiled to us. I would observed how gently my husband would treat Patrick and how Patrick would looked up to him, listening to his every word. Mummy supporting and loving baby We were enjoying ourselves as new parents until something happened in the middle of November 2017 that changed our lives forever. "There is something not right with his stools." My sister in law remarked to me while I tiredly changed Patrick's diapers. Menta...
The postman rang the doorbell and honk at the gate. Strange. I wasn’t expecting any mail or parcel today. I ran to the door and opened it. The postman pointed to a yellow-coloured envelope that he left at the pillar of my gate and sped off. I looked at the envelope; it has my name written on it. On the left side, I saw “Phoenix Society”. Oh! It is from USA. This is truly unexpected. I was excited and curious at the same time. What did they send me? I ordered nothing from them. Also, the postage from USA to Malaysia can be expensive. Inside the envelope, a book and a card. The book, card and envelope It was heart warming reading the messages in t...
Comments
Post a Comment