Hello eHomemakers..!!!



       Sewing is my passion. I found my real hobby just after my marriage. My mother was a sewing and crocheting artist. She used to teach crocheting and sewing clothes.

       Watching her amazing works, I developed similar interests ever since. Years passed by. In 2008, I went to further my studies in USM, Penang and set up a small kiosk that catered specifically to the students.

       It was named ‘Balqis House’. I spent my mornings studying and in the evening I baked bread and other homemade food to sell. I put a lot of effort to nurture my business. After I got married in 2009, I regained my passion in needle crafting and I began to develop an interest in sharing my passion and skills with other women.
      
       I worked for 2 years after I graduated but I realized then that my job was not fulfilling enough for me. I finally made up my mind to resign and started my needle crafting business under Balqis House. 

       I came across ehomemakers and I found motivating stories of women’s success. From that moment, I found my true self working at home by teaching needle crafting to people.
      
       Thus in 2011, I officially changed my website to fully art, craft and sewing web oriented. Besides receiving orders from customers, I am also active in giving handcraft and sewing lessons.

       I am very happy when I can help a lot of people through my free class program and TEKUN program to help women in need. A few of my customers have benefited from these programs. One has moved back to Indonesia and set up her own business there. Another one has set up a sewing service center in Kuala Kangsar and another one also began a sewing center in Puncak Alam.

        In 2012, I feel overwhelmed when eWA (e-Usahawan Wanita Malaysia), WENA (Association of Bumiputra Women Entrepreneur Network of Malaysia), and some of NGO organizations invited me to coorperate with them.

        To me, it is such a warm welcome to Balqis House to introduce my classes and charity projects. Classes include quilting and patchwork, sewing projects, crochet, beading, and ‘hantaran’ arrangement.

 
 
      A profuse thanks to ehomemakers for giving me the opportunity to write in this blog. Hopefully, my experience could be shared and benefited by all readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments