Blowing Bubbles

          Sometimes when life seems unbearable, don’t forget to breath and appreciate the present moment. When we are in pain and emotionally drain, we tend to ignore our surroundings and the beauty of life around us. 

            The first time I was rolled out in a wheelchair from the burn ward, it felt so good to feel the warm air outside. It had been really cold in the ward. Nearly freezing. Just to get out of the burn ward, felt so comforting, I could finally feel the gentle breeze outside.
            After a few times of going out, my sister bought one of those bubble soap toys.  This one had a Hello Kitty head on top of the long cylinder container.
“I am not strong enough to blow this yet. I’ll be out of breath,” I told her.
My sister replied, “This is not for blowing, it is for waving. You just need to wave your arm.”
So off we went playing bubbles at the hospital compound. Even though I was still hesitating, part of me was excited to try it out. Waving my hand for the first time, nothing happened. I dip into the bottle again and waved, still no bubbles.
“You need to wave harder,” my sister said. She took the stick from me and started waving. Multiple big bubbles came out from the waving stick.
Despite trying my best, I only managed to produce small bubbles. My arms were not strong enough. This was the most ‘fun’ exercise I had, compared to the other exercises that I had to do.    
Bubbles were flying everywhere. Disappearing as fast as we could make them. It must have been such a sight for the bystanders at the hospital seeing both of us waving our arms wildly while looking for the right wind direction. We even went upstairs, waving the stick at an open area. I felt like a mischievous child again. It felt so good that it didn’t matter whether we look silly or not. 
Looking back, I am really appreciative of my sister’s occasional effort in cheering me up. It was not easy to stay at the hospital for a long duration of time.  
             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments