Bario Cinnamon - From the Land of a Hundred Handshakes
July 10, 2018
What is it?
|The Tambu Mountain Range houses the Pulong Tau National Park, Bario, Sarawak|
What are the medicinal benefits of cinnamon?
|A commercial cinnamon tree|
- Hang on the wall so the cinnamon scent spreads its goodness to the room.
- Use a chopper to make smaller pieces, store in a jar or container with a tight lid to preserve the aroma.
- Place a 3-4 inch stick in 1.5 liters of water, boil over low heat for a maximum of 5 minutes to make cinnamon tea or heat up water in slow cooker, once it is heated, turn off the slow cooker and let the cinnamon essence sips slowly into the water!. Option – add a few mint leaves after boiling, cover the pot for 5 min. Chill in fridge for later. Or just drink it warm. It tastes sweet!! You can boil the sticks at least 6 times
- Boil with green apples or pineapple skins
- Boil with other herbs - a few mulberry leaves, with ginger or with turmeric.
- Add cinnamon water to chilled ‘strong’ beer!