Pot Of Gold At The End Of Every Rainbow

Hello everyone :)

Have you done your Christmas shopping yet? I haven't. Oops. 

Global christmas tree
(This photo is taken by Hiking Artist and registered under a Creative Commons License)
Anyway, I have been MIA for a bit because I am cramming my head with a lot of learning. For those of you who don't know me, I really like to learn new things. Hah! It's like a hobby gone wrong (?) as I have this burning desire to learn all I can about things which interest me. 

Things which interest me these days - personal development, website creation and writing. After so many years, I have finally found things which truly inspire me. It's yaye all the way! 

However, there's always the truth to face at the end of the day - interests vs reality. If I can't find a way to make money from my interests, I will have to face reality and go back to work! Well, I am giving myself another 6 months to swim in my interests. 

What about you? Do you face the same problem of having to balance your interests against reality? Don't you wish that you could just do what you love to do for a living? I am still searching for the answer. Every time I think I am so near to finding that elusive big answer, I stumble upon another conundrum which confuses me. I now truly believe that not everyone can actually do what they love for a living. But in cases like that, there is still a way to find pleasure in what you do even though what you do is not exactly what you love doing. There's always a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow:

Rainbow
You can find pleasure in your work in the following ways: 

(1) make good friends at work and make them your true friends (not just colleague-friend type); 

(2) think of all the good things you could do for the people you love with the money you make (for example make holiday plans and book your holidays in advance so that you can have something exciting to look forward to with your loved ones)

(3) spot all the good qualities there are in your bosses which make them so good at what they do at work (if you can't find, try a bit harder) and aspire to be like them; 

(4)  plan your office activities and make them as fun as possible (for example organise a fun office run so that you can exercise and bond with your colleagues); and

(5)  start work a bit earlier than everyone else in your office (drink all the free coffee in your office to keep awake and think of all the money you have saved from having to buy Starbucks coffee) so that you can finish up your work earlier and do a bit of your personal admin online before you head home (then you can have your night to yourself and not have to worry about work and personal admin).

Ok, that's 5 ideas for now! Savour them please and let me know what you think and whether you have any other ideas to add to the list. 

Have a wonderful time doing your Christmas shopping...

I-Ping (was once writing under pen name "The Modern Homemakers" but now prefers to be known by her real name to avoid identity crisis; not to be associated with IMac/IPad/IPhone/IPod/ITunes and all other products loving the "I") 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments