You Do It La, You Are So Free!

Wah!

I really really really hate it when people say to me "You do it la, you are so free!"

They don't understand that working at home is REAL WORK. They think I am shaking legs at my desk when the reality is that I work very hard you know. Just because I work from home in my pajamas doesn't make me FREE!!!

Do you work from home too? Do you get this kind of treatment too: 

(1) your friends and relatives don't think you do real work because you work from home; 

(2) your other half thinks you should do all the house admin because you are home all the time; 

(3) you don't have free time for yourself because you have too many things to do; 

(4) you keep getting distracted by friends who want to ask you out for afternoon tea in the middle of the day; and 

(5) you find yourself working a lot because the computer is always nearby. 

Siaaaaaaan right. 

BUT I really enjoy working from home! So I don't really care what other people think. This is how I treat "evil people" who think I don't do much work: 

(1) I ignore them as I am too sick of trying to explain what internet work is about; 

(2) I slack off on the house admin stuff I can slack off on; 

(3) I try to make small pockets of time for myself where I don't do work and just stare into space (haha no no I read magazines and surf hmmm but this is still related to work stuff); 

(4) I ignore friends who keep bugging me I just have no time; and 

(5) I try to make time for relaxation by watching mindless TV. 

So there, my battle plan against "evil people". What is your battle plan??? Let me know! 

 
I-Ping

 

Comments

  1. In the early years of my working at home, I got the same thing, but I had to keep going becos there was a family of 7 to take care of, i didn't have a chance to do anything to lepak!! I did write abt people in my newspaper column then, but at that time, few ppl were working at home to sympathize with me. Now I don'
    t care!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments