HOMEMADE CHICKEN CHOP





The price of food has increased drastically over the past few years. The recent hike in petrol price has mad me revise our family routine and budget on eating out. Should we frequent restaurants and cafes on weekends like we normally do? We dine out for the kind of food that we rarely cook at home - Western, Japanese, fast food, French etc. These food seem more appetizing when served in a fancy restaurants with colourful accompaniments. However, after a month of weekend dinners and and putting that extra effort on preparing homemade fancy and Western dishes, I noticed a striking difference in our monthly budget. I saved a few hundreds.

One dish that I find works perfectly well with my kids who are ever willing to eat anything chicken everyday is crispy chicken chop. This can be much healthier than fast food or restaurant fried chicken when using organic chicken (I can afford to use healthy ingredients now because I have already cut down on my monthly cost for dining out!).


Let's fry them deep....

5 pieces of chicken chop pieces (the ones with the leg) or chicken breasts (a bit too fleshy for me), washed, dry (using kitchen towel) and marinate with the following mixture:

1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp paprika (or chili powder) 1 tsp sugar 1 tsp white pepper

Marinate the chicken pieces an hour before frying, or, u can do this way beforehand and freeze them. The best way is to pack them in ziplock bags. Otherwise, pack each piece in a plastic bag and seal it (I use impulse sealer).

To deep-fry them:
About 2 cups of breadcrumb (white...I use Biffy breadcrumb)
4 beaten eggs + 1/4 cup water
2 cups of flour (all purpose flour)

Heat enough oil to deep fry the chicken pieces. Coat each piece with flour. Dip it in the beaten eggs. Then quickly coat it with the breadcrumb. Deep fry. The chicken pieces will stay afloat when thoroughly cooked.

For the sauce, I use Knorr demi-glaze brown sauce. Prepare the sauce as directed. I blend half can of button mushroom and add to the sauce mixture. Then slice the rest of the mushroom, add to the sauce as well. Stir until smooth and thick.

Or, for a hot zesty taste, serve with ready made black pepper sauce (bottled ones - Life, Maggi or imported ones...I would just grab any brand available on the shelf), otherwise, you can make your own. And of course, you might need the chili sauce to go with it (the Malaysian way).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments