Genetic Test

I had to change my obstetrician because of the way she insisted I had to do Caesarean. My husband and myself preferred natural birth. Yet we were speaking to a wall here.

She emphasised on my age. At the time of our appointment, I was 45 years old. Technically, I am considered as an advance maternal age. A high-risk pregnancy. Caesarean was the only option. Her way or no way

Well, then - no way then. We went to seek alternate doctors who are pro-natural birth. I asked for friends' advice and Google for reviews. It was a common practice in Kuala Lumpur whereby the doctors appeared to suggest more towards Caesarean. Even mothers in early 30s age group. 

It was not I would not consider Caesarean at all. Only when it was necessary especially to save my baby's life. 

My new love coming!
I manage to shortlist a few. Yet which one should I go to? I decided to meditate and pray for clarity.

After I finished my prayers and meditation, I became drawn to a lady doctor. I had strong feelings towards this lady's photo in the hospital website although it was the first time I saw her face. I had read a few blogs with good experiences with this doctor as well. Her name is Dr.Idora of Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur. 

Upon our meeting, I could not help liking her. Her motherly demeanour, her patience and her gentle voice.

"Why did you come to me? Since you already have another doctor."

I took a deep breath, stared at her in the eyes and responded, "I heard you are pro-natural."

A smile in response. Though her face displayed a slight hesitancy when mentioned on my age. That it was my first baby. She encouraged me to take a genetic test considering my age. We opted for NICC, Non-Invasive Chromosomes Check. It was the latest in the market. I understand it is a lot safer compared to amniocentesis which carried a risk of miscarriage. 

This NICC test required the mother's blood to be extracted. Fetal DNA can be detected in the mother's blood for analysis. In the previous clinic, the doctor quoted RM2500.00

To our surprise, we were billed RM1590.00 at Dr Idora's clinic. A big difference indeed.

A few days before the results came whenever I meditate I would suddenly see a vision of myself chasing after a baby. He/she was running ahead of me.

"Patrick! Patrick!". He ignored me and continued running. His buttock showed a colourful looking diaper.

Whenever I came out from the meditation, I asked myself - am I having a boy? In  almost every meditation, I keep seeing the same visions.  I kept hearing myself calling for Patrick. Consciously it did not matter whether boy or girl. 

When the nurse called me, she told me the test revealed it was all low risk to birth defects. That I would be having a baby boy.

I shared with my husband of the results and of my meditative vision. We decided to name our baby Patrick.

Gently I touched my bump.


Seeing my baby bump growing was surreal!
"Patrick...that is your name. Patrick. You will see daddy and mummy later."

As if in response, some movement in my womb. I could feel some feelings within my body, which I knew it did not come from me. I knew it came from Patrick.

We will see you soon, Patrick.  We cannot wait to see you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments