Management Of Pregnancy Symptoms

Usually I rely upon meditation as a way to see clarity in the situation I am in, to see clearly of myself. Only through calmness can one see possibilities and answers. Not fears covering our common sense and logic. 

I relied upon meditation to calm myself. It's my daily practice so that I can see clearly of the situation and of the person interacting with me. With Calmness and Clarity, lesser chances of mistakes in making decisions. Lesser chances of misunderstanding as well. When I reach to a level of Calmness, I came to realisation that my pregnancy symptoms are due to my body unused to the new sensations and stress of having a new life in me. In order to have a smoother transition, I need to calm down my body. 

It came to me, doing Qigong, some physical exercises and meditation including prayers would be good for my wellness. 

Meditation, my best friend to manage my
pregnancy symptoms and  to de-stress
The symptoms of phlegm overproduction eventually ceased in a few weeks. I have heard that one sister-in-law had a daily excess saliva production until she gave birth. She constantly needed to throw out saliva. I did not like the idea of enduring phlegm overproduction until giving birth. That would be almost 8 months of phlegm ahead. If considering that I carry my baby to full term. 

Luckily my daily exercises and practices eventually cause some symptoms to disappear and limit some others from developing further. I also found my appetite have increased as well. Because of that, I ate more supper. I started indulging in fast food like McDonald's and A & W almost nightly for supper. Unfortunately, this was a poor decision of mine that made me pay the price. 

I recalled during months of May- June, daily heartburn I suffered. It would come in different degrees of pain. I managed to relieve by drinking kefir or take some gastric medication. Sometimes this worked. Sometimes this lessens the pain. Along the way, my husband did some research and suggested for me to try chia seeds. I tried. It did help to lessen the symptoms of heartburn but it was not a full recovery. 

I decided to stop indulging in fast food. I sought for alternative food as supper. This took me almost two months before my heartburn no longer affected me.  

Because of the heartburn, it affected my sleeping posture as well. I found myself unable to sleep on my left. I would have to sleep on my right side instead. It was an arrangement that was suited to me at that time until additional weight caused me to have difficulty in breathing. I discovered the only 'comfortable' way to sleep was to sleep upright. I transitioned into that position towards the end of my second trimester until given birth.


Constant need to vomit due to hormonal changes in me.
Before pregnancy, my original weight was at 47kg. On the day of Caesarean, I was 67kg. It caused a lot of inconveniences especially physical pain. It was a daily pain experience for me of various degrees. On a good day I could hardly feel any physical pain. On a bad day, I found it difficult to breathe normally. I would be winded. I would it difficult to walk because of the bodily tension and on the joints especially on my hips. Only through meditation, my body became calm enough to lower down the tension of my body. 

Meditation became a very important technique for me to release stress. It did assist but my weight continued to give me stress once the calmness wore off in due time. 

My poor husband would face an irritable wife more than usual. Whenever I felt he could not empathise with me, I would highlight the level of physical pain I was enduring. 

Prenatal massage was another method to release the tension in my body. Overall, it was not an easy pregnancy to experience, with heighten physical senses and daily physical pain. 

It was quite a new challenge for me, to meditate in this new state. At the same time, I kept waking up a few times in the night due to hunger. My sleep would become only a few hours. ( three hours at maximum). I will usually catch up on my sleep during the day.

When I did not have sufficient catching up in rest, I would find myself falling sick. I would constantly remind myself to relax more. To de-stress more. 

As the months approached the end of third trimester, I just could not wait for the pregnancy to end!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments