Cultivating Sweetness

Anger comes when I am empty and someone wants me to love, to give him what I need myself. The love is there but it is banked already and there is no loose change to hand him. And so I turn on him as though he has asked for the earth, when just a smile would have done. And then he does ask for the earth, because little I could have given, I did not.

If only I had been loving and responded positively, I could have avoided many complications. When the love that is stored is touched, I can give freely and he would have been happy.

Sometimes, a break or even sleep helps to dissolve our anger because in sleep, a change takes place inside us. Only with realization and understanding can we change anger into love and then it becomes friendship.


So why get angry? With anger I lose all my friends and besides, no one would like to approach me. It is said that anger even dries up a pitcher of water.

Extracted from 'Self Empowerment' by Bridget Menezes (Malaysian author)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments