Facing the Unexpected

A few days ago, I got a call from my husband that our car had disappeared from its metered parking bay although it had been double-locked. Hearing this, I was stunned for a few moments. Then, I said to myself “Well, there must be some underlying benefit in all this,” I immediately calmed myself.

I tell everyone that there is benefit in whatever happens; In less than 24 hours, one of our very dear friends came to hear about the incident and brought her lovely spare car for us to use for an unlimited period of time. So we have a better car now until things get sorted out.

Life is full of extremes, ups and downs, victory and defeat, praise and defamation. No one is free from this. No matter how good we are, these tests come suddenly and we have to be always prepared – and come out victorious.

The greater the demand, the greater the need to nourish inner calm and stability. If we don’t, circumstances will toss around with their unexpected twists and turns. Once we have learnt to generate our own happiness and peace, there is nothing we cannot handle.


Extracted from 'Self Empowerment' by Bridget Menezes (Malaysian author)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments