Looking for Virtues in Others

Today, I am going to experiment and make genuine effort to see at least one virtue in every person with whom I come into contact. I know that no one is perfect, so why dwell on anyone’s defects? If I actively search the goodness in others, it can be found. There is not a single human being in existence who does not possess at least one virtue, and look at each person with that particular virtue in mind. This has a great effect.


If I am thinking about someone’s weakness or defect, I may become uneasy and irritated. I feel annoyed and wonder, “Why does this person have to be this way?” and “Why does this person do such-and-such a thing all the time?” On the other hand, if I am thinking about someone’s good qualities, I begin to feel lightness and easiness within my mind. Then I am influenced by the sweetness of that person. The world is a variety play, and the role of each one is different.

Extracted from 'Self Empowerment' by Bridget Menezes (Malaysian author)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments