A New Year Is Coming!

      The year 2018 is ending. Other than celebrating the coming of the new year 2019, it is necessary to reflect on this year. In retrospect, 2018 has been quite an important period for me. Some of my major highlights:-

1) Surgery on my fistula – had a sore bottom for 2 weeks. Couldn’t sit comfortably throughout the duration. Felt so swollen down there.

2) Colostomy reversal operation – I had my Colostomy reversal operation a few months after my fistula surgery. Finally, I can use the toilet like everyone else.  Yay! free from pooing into the bag.  Even though I had to endure constipation for a month post operation, it was worth the suffering as the operation has helped me to feel ‘normal’ again













Before my colostomy reversal, I used the wear the above colostomy bag which had to be attached to my ‘stoma’ which was located at the left side of my stomach. Sometimes, the bag leaked and it would be very smelly. Unlike the rectum, the stoma has no control over the output of the faeces.


3) After my stoma reversal operation, my mobility became much better, gradually my legs were also getting stronger and less painful when walking. Currently, I am using a cane for balance.

4) Started to write my earlier thoughts through ehomemakers.

5) Skin breakdown getting less. As at the time of writing, there is only one troublesome spot on my head.

6) Learnt loom knitting. Managed to loom knit hats and dolls for my family and friends.  I am lucky to find a simple version of knitting through loom knitting which I self-taught myself by watching you tube videos.

7) Strong enough to drive my car again.

      Overall, I feel that the year 2018 has been good to me. I am hoping for more healing and improvement for the year ahead.

     The year 2019 would be like a blank book, with us penning the stories. How we want it to be would depend on what we write on those pages. Do write a beautiful story for yourself. Have a Happy New Year!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bleeding Again

Surgery On My Baby

Compression Garments